The BasX A-5175 is a five channel power amplifier that offers true audiophile sound quality at an affordable price. The BasX A-5175 includes a carefully chosen set of important features, including a heavy-duty power supply, high-quality Class A/B amplification, transparent audiophile-quality fault protection, a trigger input and output, and industry standard unbalanced audio inputs. Modern manufacturing techniques, and careful design and parts selection, have enabled us to deliver all of this performance and great sound quality in the BasX A-5175 at a far lower price than you might imagine.
The BasX A-5175 delivers 175 watts RMS per channel at less than 0.1% THD into 8 ohms (two channels driven); THD+N of less than 0.07%; and a signal to noise ratio of 115 dB referenced to full power. The BasX A-5175 has plenty of power to drive even inefficient speakers, and to fill large rooms with awesome sounding music. This makes the BasX A-5175 the ideal amplifier to power a great sounding 5.1 channel surround sound system, a great way to upgrade the power amplifier section of your AVR, and a perfect companion to our MC-700 surround sound processor.
While the BasX A-5175 offers lots of performance, you won’t need an advanced degree to install and use it, and you won’t need to rewire your home. The BasX A-5175 ships with a removable heavy-duty industry standard IEC power cable. Just plug it into an outlet, connect it to your preamp or processor and your speakers, and you’re done. Your BasX A-5175 will figure out your line voltage automatically, and its speaker outputs are heavy-duty five way binding posts that accept bare wire, banana plugs, or spade lugs. We’ve used industry standard connectors, so you can upgrade the power cable or your speaker wires if you like; the BasX A-5175 doesn’t really need all that fancy stuff, but it’s ready if you decide you want to add it later.
The BasX A-5175 is built to last, with a heavy duty steel chassis, solid milled aluminum faceplate, and high-quality parts and construction throughout.
Sound Quality First
- Designed first and foremost to sound great in all types of audio systems with all types of music.
- Great sounding Class A/B output stage ensures smooth, detailed sound and incredibly natural imaging, without a trace of harshness or strain.
- Low noise, wide bandwidth design lets you hear everything your high definition sources have to offer.
- Totally stable with real world speakers in real systems; not just on a test bench.
Solid Engineering And Quality Construction
- A heavy duty linear power supply with an oversized toroidal power transformer delivers plenty of current to drive even difficult speakers.
- Top quality parts and construction throughout for years of reliable trouble-free service.
- Heavy steel 3RU chassis with milled aluminum faceplate offers strength and rugged good looks.
- Double sided FR4 circuit boards with plated-through holes help optimize signal paths and minimize the need for point-to-point wiring.
Flexible Signal Connections and Power Options
- Unbalanced inputs via industry standard RCA connectors accept all standard unbalanced interconnects.
- Heavy duty insulated five-way speaker binding posts allow you to use a wide range of speaker cables with bare wires, lugs, or banana plugs.
- Remote trigger input and output allow the BasX A-5175 to control and be controlled by other trigger-enabled equipment.
- The BasX A-5175 is designed to operate on either 115 VAC or 230 VAC at 50/60 Hz and will automatically detect and configure itself for the proper line voltage.
- Audiophile-grade fault protection is entirely transparent under normal listening conditions, yet protects the amp and your other equipment from virtually all common faults.
- The BasX A-5175 is a five channel power amplifier. The BasX A-5175 combines classical audiophile amplifier architecture, based on a heavy-duty linear power supply, and a carefully designed high current short signal path Class A/B output stage, with advanced microprocessor-controlled monitoring and protection circuitry, to deliver superb sound quality at a truly reasonable price.
- Power Output (two channels driven):
175 watts RMS per channel; 20 Hz – 20 kHz; THD < 0.1%; into 8 Ohms.
250 watts RMS per channel; 20 Hz – 20 kHz; THD < 0.1%; into 4 Ohms.
- Power Output (all channels driven):
125 watts RMS per channel; 20 Hz – 20 kHz; THD < 0.1%; into 8 Ohms.
- Power Bandwidth (at rated power; 8 Ohm load): 20 Hz to 20 kHz (+ / – 0.1 dB)
- Broad Band Frequency Response: 5 Hz to 80 kHz +0/-1.5 dB
- THD + noise: < 0.07% (A-weighted); ref rated power; 1 kHz; 8 Ohms
- Signal to Noise Ratio (8 Ohm load):
> 115 dB; ref rated power; (A-weighted).
> 95 dB; ref 1 watt; (A-weighted).
- Minimum Recommended Load Impedance (per channel): 4 Ohms
(which equals one 4 Ohm load or two paralleled 8 Ohm loads).
- Damping Factor (8 Ohm load): > 500.
- Input Sensitivity (for rated power; 8 Ohm load): 1.2 V.
- Gain: 29 dB.
- Input Impedance: 27 kOhms.
- Input Connections: Unbalanced (RCA); one each per channel.
- Speaker Output Connections: Audiophile grade 5-way binding posts.
Trigger Input: 5 – 12 V (AC or DC); <10 mA input current required.
Trigger Output: 12 VDC; can drive any load up to 120 mA.
- 115 VAC or 230 VAC @ 50 / 60 Hz (automatically detected).
- Standby: push button (halo ring changes color to indicate Standby or On).
- Status LEDs: one per channel; blue.
Status LEDs change to red to indicate a fault condition.
- AC Power switch: rocker switch (switches AC main power).
- Status LEDs switch: disables front panel Status LEDs.
- The BasX A-5175 is protected against excessive operating temperature, shorted speaker connections, ground faults, and other common fault conditions.
17” wide x 6” high x 16-1/2” deep (not including connectors).
21-1/2” wide x 10” high x 21” deep (boxed).
- Weight: 36.5 lbs (unboxed) / 44 lbs (boxed)