The BasX MC-700 is a high-performance surround sound processor that supports 4k UHD HDR video and all the current 5.1 and 7.1 channel surround sound formats. The MC-700 includes six 4k HDMI video inputs, including three that support 4k UHD HDR video – with HDMI 2.0 and HDCP 2.2, as well as multiple analog and digital audio inputs for your other audio sources. The MC-700 can be operated via the simple front panel controls, or by the included infrared remote control, and the intuitive menu system makes it simple to configure and operate using either the large bright blue VFD display on the front panel or the clear, concise on-screen display.
The BasX MC-700 is the perfect choice if you’re searching for a way to upgrade the performance of a receiver-based home theater system. It also provides the perfect path to enter the world of high performance, yet affordable component level home theater. The MC-700 delivers fast clean switching for both HD and 4k UHD HDR video, superb sound quality, and a wide selection of advanced features, including our latest generation Emo-Q automatic room correction and loudspeaker equalization system. Paired with a good power amp, like our BasX A-500 or BasX A-700, a subwoofer, and matching speakers, the MC-700 will deliver the sort of sound quality and control you never thought possible at anywhere near its modest price.
Along with 4k HDMI HDR video, the BasX MC-700 comes standard with a variety of analog and digital audio input options. In addition to that, if you want to play music from a smart phone or other Bluetooth-enabled wireless device through the MC-700, we offer an optional Bluetooth receiver module. This module plugs directly into the back of the MC-700, and supports the latest Bluetooth 3.0 CD quality AptX audio standard.
The BasX MC-700 not only sounds great, but we built it to last, with a heavy-duty steel chassis, solid milled aluminum faceplate, and high-quality parts and construction.
High Performance Flexible Video Switching
- Exceptional video quality, with fast error-free switching for up to six HDMI input sources, three of which support full 4k UHD HDR video – with HDMI 2.0 and HDCP 2.2.
- Last Video Memory allows you to view one video source while listening to another audio source.
- Video-On-Standby feature, which can be configured to send audio and video to the display, even when the MC-700 is in Standby mode.
Stereo And Surround Sound In True Audiophile Quality
- Support for all popular surround sound formats, including Dolby Digital, Dolby TrueHD, Dolby Pro Logic IIx, DTS, DTS HD Master Audio, DTS Neo:6, and S/PDIF and multi-channel PCM digital audio.
- Superb sound quality, delivered by advanced 32-bit dual core DSP’s and highly optimized analog audio circuitry.
- A high-quality headphone amp for private listening.
Convenient And Informative Control And Display Options
- Convenient control options, including a full function infrared remote control, front panel menu navigation buttons, and a real front panel Volume knob.
- Comprehensive real-time status information, provided by both an informative on-screen display and a bright, easy to read, front panel VFD.
Flexible Audio Calibration And Management Options
- Advanced Emo-Q™ automatic multi-channel room correction adjusts your speakers and the rest of your system to work optimally in your listening room for the best possible listening experience (a calibrated measurement microphone with internal buffer amplifier is included).
- Flexible quadruple bass management, with 12dB or 24 dB per octave crossover filters, configurable in precise 5 Hz steps below 80 Hz (and 10 Hz steps above 80 Hz), helps you get the best bass performance from virtually any room and subwoofer.
- Eleven user-programmable fully parametric equalizers per channel provide exceptional manual control over room acoustics. The MC-700 can store three entirely independent sets of manual EQ parameters, each of which can be assigned to whatever inputs you choose.
- Top quality parts and construction throughout for years of reliable trouble-free service.
Flexible Input And Output Options
- The MC-700 includes six 4k HDMI video inputs, including three that support 4k UHD HDR video – with HDMI 2.0 and HDCP 2.2.
- Optional Bluetooth 3.0 module port includes support for full CD quality audio from mobile devices with apt-X™.
- Coax S/PDIF and Toslink digital audio inputs, as well as stereo analog inputs, offer a variety of ways to connect your source components.
- A trigger output allows the MC-700 to switch amplifiers and other trigger-enabled equipment on automatically.
- Balanced and unbalanced subwoofer outputs provide the maximum flexibility with long cable runs or single or multiple subwoofers.
Universal Line Voltage Operation
- World compliant AC line voltage operation enables the XPA-3 Gen3 to operate on any line voltage between 100 VAC and 250 VAC 50/60Hz.
- Standard IEC power inlet fits all standard IEC power cables and most custom audiophile power cables.
- (6) HDMI compliant video inputs (3 with HDMI 2.0a / HDCP 2.2 / HDR10 support).
- (2) HDMI compliant video outputs (1 with HDMI 2.0a / HDCP 2.2 / HDR10 support).
- (2) stereo unbalanced analog audio inputs.
- (1) S/PDIF coaxial digital audio input.
- (1) Toslink (optical) digital audio input.
- (1) Bluetooth audio input
(requires optional BTM-1 Emotiva Bluetooth dongle [[LINK]]).
- (1) set of 7.1 channel unbalanced audio main outputs.
- (1) balanced subwoofer output (same as main sub output).
- (1) IR remote control signal input.
- (1) IR remote control signal output.
- (1) RS-232 serial remote control input.
- (1) trigger output (programmable).
- (2) USB data inputs (reserved for firmware updates).
- 115 VAC or 230 VAC @ 50 / 60 Hz (automatically detected).
17” wide x 2-5/8” high x 13” deep (unboxed; without connectors or feet).
17” wide x 3-1/2” high x 13” deep (unboxed; with feet).
- Weight: 9 lbs (unboxed) / 14 lbs (boxed).