It’s a whole new generation of Emotiva’s most popular monoblock power amp. Now, you get the immense, relaxed power of the previous XPA-1, together with switchable 60W Class A mode for even more amazing musicality. And, if that wasn’t enough, we upped the power output to 600W into 8 ohms in Class AB mode.
Oh wait, you want it all? Class A sweetness and Class AB power? No problem! When you’re in Class A mode, the XPA-1 Gen 2 seamlessly transitions into Class AB mode when needs demand. This means you can find the sweet spot at practically every volume level—from the softest pianissimo to the full-throated roar of an orchestral crescendo.
And the sound? Even better than the previous generation, thanks to small but significant refinements to our Differential Reference™ circuitry. Now, the finest details are clearly rendered, together with the refinement and finesse you’d expect from a flagship amplifier.
The previous XPA-1 has been called “a beast, a monster, an abominable snowman on steroids.” Now, the XPA-1 Gen 2 has been sent to finishing school. It’s your conduit to the pure power and majesty of music and movies—distilled into a beautifully designed and precision-crafted 73-lb powerhouse.
The XPA-1 Gen 2 is the ultimate expression of our X-Series Gen 2 power amplifiers, reflected in its differential-all-the-way-through design, superior build quality, and even tiny—but meaningful—touches like machined, gold-plated RCA connectors, a high-quality metal toggle switch for input selection, and an informative metering system that can be dimmed or turned off entirely. Every aspect of the XPA-1 Gen 2 has been carefully considered and engineered to deliver an amazing experience, by any measure.
Add a pair of XPA-1 Gen 2s to your system and treat yourself to total musicality, complete immersion, and effortless power.
The XPA-1: Effortless power, refined.
- Fully discrete, fully balanced, Differential Reference™ design
- Switchable Class A and Class A/B operating modes
- Massive, high current toroidal power supply
- Advanced microprocessor operating system which protects the amplifier from all fault conditions.
- Balanced and unbalanced inputs.
- Trigger input and output.
- Precision blue LED power meter with switchable modes, dimmable or defeatable.
- Machined, gold plated, unbalanced RCA input .
- Heavy duty, gold plated, clear jacketed audiophile speaker binding posts.
- Soft-touch power switch.
- Solid milled aluminum faceplate.
- Automatic 120/230 AC voltage detection and switching
- Laser etched serial number badge.
- Emotiva 5-year transferrable warranty.
- Topology: fully balanced, fully discrete, quad differential, ultra high current, short signal path selectable Class A/AB
- Number of channels: 1
- Power output (0.1% THD):
1,000 watts RMS @ 4 ohms
600 watts RMS @ 8 ohms
- Rated power bandwidth: 20 Hz – 20 kHz +/- 0.07dB
- Minimum Recommended Load: 4 ohms
- Frequency response: (-1 dB): 10Hz to 80kHz
- THD+N: <0.01%
- Signal to Noise Ratio:
1 watt: > 89 dB
Full power: > 117 dB
- Damping Factor: >500 into 8 ohms
- Power Supply: 1,200VA toroidal transformer, 120,000uF filter capacitance
- Gain: 29 dB
- Input Impedance:
33 kohms (balanced)
23.5 kohms (unbalanced)
- Power Requirements: 115 VAC or 230 VAC +/- 10% @ 50/60 Hz (automatically switched)
- unboxed: 17” wide x 7 3/4” high x 19” deep
- Boxed: 23 1/2″ wide x 12″ high x 24 3/4″ deep
- Weight: 73 lbs (84 lbs boxed)