Do you have a large collection of vintage records? Or are you tempted by the ongoing vinyl revival? If so, the XPS-1 high-performance phono preamp is exactly what you need to breathe new life into your analog media. With high precision and low noise, the XPS-1 is perfect for connecting a turntable to any line stage, preamp, or other audio equipment with line-level RCA inputs.
Advanced Design for Exceptional Performance
The XPS-1 takes its cues from Emotiva’s precision line-level equipment, with high-quality components throughout the signal path for accurate RIAA equalization, extremely low noise for even low-output cartridges, and vanishingly low distortion. Special attention was paid to the low-noise power supplies; both the external highly regulated AC supply and the individual switching supplies within the XPS-1.
Flexibility for a Broad Range of Cartridges
The circuitry in the XPS-1 is designed to provide the optimum gain and noise performance for both Moving Magnet (MM) and Moving Coil (MC) cartridges. You can configure the load impedance on the Moving Coil input to achieve the best sound for your particular cartridge.
Small and Affordable—Ideal for Multiple Turntables
Best of all, the XPS-1’s performance doesn’t come at a high price, and its small size makes it the ideal companion for your turntable, without sacrificing rack space. Have multiple turntables? Get an XPS-1 for each, and prepare yourself for sweeping vistas of beautiful analog sound—with 21st Century performance!
The new sound of vinyl: XPS-1.
- Combines superb analog sound quality with excellent technical performance.
- Precise equalization to the standard RIAA curve (within +/- 0.25 dB).
- Support for both Moving Magnet (MM) and Moving Coil (MC) cartridges.
- User selectable termination impedance for Moving Coil cartridges.
- Exceptional signal-to-noise ratio and very low distortion.
- Sophisticated multi-stage power supply for superior noise performance.
- All metal case for ruggedness and excellent immunity from noise and interference.
- Convenient form factor for placement close to the turntable.
- Gold plated solid brass input connectors, output connectors, and ground terminal.
- Ideal for adding high-quality phono inputs to any stereo preamp or pre/pro.
- Small and economical enough that you can use one for each turntable.
- Input Impedance:
MM: 47k Ohms
MC: user selectable between 47, 100, 470, 1k Ohms
MM: 40 dB
MC: 60 dB
- Frequency Response:
MM: RIAA + / – 0.12 dB, 20 Hz – 20 kHz
MC: RIAA + / – 0.25 dB, 20 Hz – 20 kHz
- Signal to Noise Ratio (S/N; A weighted):
MM: > 96 dB
MC: > 79 dB
MM: <0.0075 % @ 1 kHz; < 0.02%, 20 Hz – 20 kHz
MC: <0.006 % @ 1 kHz; < 0.05%, 20 Hz – 20 kHz