Prime Elevation (Pair)
Weight 9.10 kg
Dimensions 46 x 30.5 x 24 cm
Premium Black Ash, Piano Gloss Black, Piano Gloss White
The world’s most versatile high-performance home theater speaker, Prime Elevation is an uncompromised height effects speaker for Dolby Atmos®, DTS:X® and Auro-3D® and an outstanding solution for side surrounds, rear surrounds, or even the front stage LCR speakers. Easy to mount anywhere on the wall or ceiling, Prime Elevation delivers outstanding performance even when ideal speaker placement isn’t possible.
SVS Prime Elevation speakers play any role in a home theater surround sound system amazingly well. Designed to easily mount directly to the wall or ceiling with the Multi-Purpose Wall Bracket (patent pending), the SVS Prime Elevation can be used as a direct-radiating height effects speaker for immersive object-based audio formats such as Dolby Atmos®, DTS:X® and Auro-3D®. With its angled front baffle, Prime Elevation can also be used as left or right fronts, a center channel, side surrounds and rear surrounds to provide crisp, dynamically charged sound in rooms of all shapes with all different architectural features.
Immersive three-dimensional surround sound formats such as Dolby Atmos®, DTS:X® and Auro 3D® unleash the ultimate movie, music, TV an gaming audio experience by incorporating “height effects” emanating from overhead to create a dome of sound that blankets you for a more convincing and believable performance. Prime Elevation is an optimized height effects speaker because it directly radiates full-range sound to the listener without the frequency response limitations and perfect room conditions required of prevailing “ceiling bounce” height effects speaker designs.
Prime Elevation is also a remarkably versatile, multi-purpose home theater speaker that deftly plays the role of front, center, side surround, rear surround and/or LCR speaker when ideal placement in a room isn’t possible.
SVS Takes Immersive Three-Dimensional Surround Sound to New Heights
Home theaters running height effects speakers with Dolby Atmos®, DTS:X® and Auro-3D® represent the pinnacle of immersive home audio experiences. The prevailing approach to Dolby Atmos speakers, bouncing sound off the ceiling from below, requires perfect room conditions and frequency response limiting of the speaker and detracts from the experience.
An audio epiphany, Prime Elevation speaker direct radiating with the charged dynamics, pinpoint accuracy and subtle refinement of a high end bookshelf speaker. Place it high on a wall near the ceiling and height effects can be enjoyed at full fidelity in any room, without the compromises of ceiling bounce or in-ceiling speakers. Finally, a height effects speaker designed for breath-taking effects.
Frequency Response / Acoustic Data:
- Rated bandwidth: 55 Hz-25 kHz (±3 dB)
- Nominal impedance: 8 ohms.
- Sensitivity: 87 dB (2.83V @ 1 meter full-space, 300-3kHz)
- Recommended amplifier power: 20-150 watts.
1” Aluminum Dome Tweeter:
- FEA-optimized diffuser for airy and unveiled presentation
- Aluminum dome for exceptional transient response
4.5” Midrange Driver:
- Polypropylene cone for excellent stiffness/mass ratio and pistonic behavior
- Aluminum shorting ring to reduce gap inductance, lower distortion, and enhance high frequency response
- Cast ABS-fiberglass composite basket ensures precision component alignment and excellent thermal transfer
- Vented voice coil former minimizes air compression artifacts
Crossover & Cabinet Specs:
- 2-way crossover with premium-grade capacitors, air-core inductors and heavy-trace printed circuit boards
- Crossover network delivers outstanding phase coherency and time domain behavior
- Tweeter-to-woofer crossover: 2.5 kHz (12 dB/octave slopes)
- Acoustically transparent and FEA optimized grilles minimize diffraction
- Chamfered front bafﬂe and ﬂush-mounted drivers reduce edge diffraction and improved off-axis high frequency response
- FEA-optimized cabinet and extra thick MDF bracing eliminate resonances
- Angled baffle and optimized crossover combine for perfect acoustic performance at any position.
- Black Ash, Black Piano Gloss and White Piano Gloss finish options
- 5-way binding posts
- 1” wide-ﬂared rear-ﬁring port
- Cloth grille with pin/cup retention system
- Magnetic SVS Logo which can be removed and oriented according to speaker application.
- Elastomer stick-on bumper feet (adds 3mm to height)
- Unique SVS Multi-Angle Wall Bracket (patent pending) system that allows speaker to be wall mounted in any of four positions
- 1/4″ brass insert for use with included SVS Multi-Angle Wall Bracket and other bracket mounting systems.
- Cabinet Dimensions: 9.25″ (H) X 5.44″ (W) X 7.88″ (D)
- Overall Dimensions: 9.4″ (H) X 5.44″ (W) X 8.33″ (D) (includes grille, binding posts and bumper feet)
- Overall Dimensions: 9.25″ (H) X 5.44″ (W) X 8.98″ (D) (includes grille and SVS Multi-Angle Wall Bracket)
- Shipped Dimensions: 9.30″ (H) X 12″ (W) X 18″ (D)
- Weight Unboxed: 7.8 pounds
- Shipped Weight: 20 pounds